Saturday, May 1, 2010

Cletus - He's What's for Dinner, And I'll Take a Helping

Minnesota made the news-scape map this week when an unidentified buyer from the Land O' Steaks, err Lakes, dropped close to $1,700 on a nearly 3,000 pound steer from the Big Sky state. (read in the Washington Post here).

At that size, Cletus, as the big fella was known, was enough beef to make Carl a senior, Sonic go "Boom!", and Ray turn flips in his McGrave.

As for me, well, I'm just licking my chops knowing that Cletus may just find his was into my local Twin Cities Cub, SuperTarget, even or neighborhood Lakewinds Cooperative (if the grasses he ate can be certified organic, that is).

Now that a ton and a half of aged, finely marbled beef is about to hit the marketplace. this is one Minnesotan looking forward to a summertime steak or two. So, I'm wondering, do you have a favorite cut and a flavorful manner of preparing it? How about sending it my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment